Thursday, August 2, 2007

First Timer

Hi everyone. I have a friend who I think gets more time in a day than I do. Actually she is just quick to learn and do but I prefer the first excuse. Anyway, she has this really cool blog so I thought I would give it a try. Now I would really like to carbon copy hers but I am trying to make it my own so bare with me as I learn (slowly)....

Well, we have had a very busy summer with camps and traveling. It all started with a trip to Lake Martin for Memorial Day Weekend where we had a great time swimming and boating until I sprang my foot on the last day. I survived but I do not heal as quickly as the kids seem to. Kameron was in Boy Scout Camp the next week where he hiked, shot bb guns and bow/arrows. and made a rocket. Just what a boy wants. Right after that we went on a 10 day Georgia trip. First stop - Savannah to see Jill, my BFF from high school. Here the kids did VBS at Jill's church and Kaylor entered a (moon)pie eating contest and Katelynn got to throw a pie in the directors face. We also went to the beach and did lots of site seeing. Then Randy met us in Atlanta for Fathers Day at my Dads. Here we played in his lake, fed the geese, went to the Zoo and Georgia Mall. We got back just in time to unpack and pack again. This time we were on a Florida trip. We went to PCB for the usual beach fun. Then to San Destin (Randy had a business trip) where we learned how a real vacation should be. Nice room, pool, play ground, bicycles, canoe, shopping, food, drinks, ect...... Last stop was Navarre where a good friend has a place. We got there on June 28th. My grandfather passed away the next day....so back to Alabama we go for his funeral. We went back to the lake for Forth of July. Here we enjoyed relaxing, visiting with Randy's sister, Melissa, and family ,and we also saw Randy's BFF from high school, Scott and his family. We returned for Kaylor to go to Zoo camp. We told him he would have to scoop poop but he didn't. The next week we went to Huntsville, AL to visit my Grandma and Nanny. Then back home by July 19th for Katelynn's soccer camp and the boys had baseball camp the next week. Now this week Katelynn has soccer camp 5 hours a day for a competitive team she tried out for and made.

Well school starts August 9th and I am ready but at the same time I am wondering where the summer went.

I think you are all caught up on Tonia's World for now.....blog more soon

1 comment:

Constantine Connections said...

Hey girl, cool start for a blog. So sorry about your grandfather. Busy getting ready for school, haven't had much of a break since the classrooms were painted and floors waxed so I had to be taking it apart and putting it back together much of the summer. Did go to New York and New orleans, Vision Land. We had some fun. I know we're late getting togehter but we will soon!! Love ya!